Monday 7 October 2013

Meeting of the Warriors!

On the weekend my friends and I went to a free event that was being held at the gym we all go to.  It was called "Meeting of the Warriors" - match-ups between mixed martial arts fighters from our gym against those from another one.  The event was a lot bigger than I expected - hundreds of people, free food and drinks from sponsors such as Hard Rock Cafe, and nearly 3 hours long!  I had never seen an MMA event before ... it was often hard to watch since some of the guys were pretty intense and got hit pretty hard.  We were there early enough to get front row seats!  Not sure if watching MMA is my thing, but I definitely enjoyed the free appetizers (mini spring rolls, mini hamburgers, chicken tenders, fruit kebabs, brownies) and they were even giving out free beer, water, and energy drinks!


After the event was over, we went in the ring and took some pics.  It was an interesting way to spend a Sunday afternoon!





No comments:

Post a Comment