Tuesday 4 November 2014

Fancy Free in Dubai!

So we survived our first school inspection and I now feel like a huge weight has been lifted from my shoulders.  No more lesson planning at all hours of the day/night.  Now I can go to bed at normal times, wake up at a reasonable hour, and leave for school when there is actually daylight outside.  To celebrate the end of a very stressful few weeks, we went with some co-workers to the Radisson for dinner at Celsius, a fancy restaurant which was serving up a massive buffet there.  To my dismay when we walked in I realized it was "seafood night" (not a fan) but there were lots of other options so I didn't go hungry.  Luckily one of our friends had 2-for-1 coupons so we got to save some money at the buffet.  The price also included all you could drink - wine, spirits, beer... I think we got our money's worth!


After the buffet we headed to an Irish bar which was packed with expats from all over the world.  For the first time I really felt like I could just be relaxed and enjoy Dubai.  It hasn't been easy for us since we moved here, as we've had plenty of issues dealing with frustrating immigration issues and organizing things for our apartment, but I'm glad we were able to have a fun weekend out.  Hope there are many more still to come!

1 comment:

  1. Teaching has it's ups and downs. Hopefully there are more ups than downs. Celebrate good times!!

    ReplyDelete