Monday 12 December 2011

Step into Christmas...

Only 4 more work days in 2011, then Christmas break!!

As many of you know, the December destination is... INDIA!  I've wanted to go here for a really long time now, and I'm glad that we're finally getting the chance to.  Based on what I've heard about India, you either love it or hate it.  I hope I'm in the category of people who love it!  I think living in Asia for this long will somewhat prepare me for the chaotic nature that I hear India is.  However, people keep telling me that you can see eye-opening things there that you'll never see anywhere else.  It is just... that... crazy!

The plan in India is to fly into New Delhi after a few hours of layover time in Bangkok (excuse to eat McDonalds and pad thai).  Once in Delhi, we will hopefully meet up with a driver that my friend is helping us arrange.  The driver will take us around Rajasthan (northern Indian province).  Hiring a driver in India to explore Rajasthan is quite common, and Rajasthan is a very touristy place.  I'm most excited to see the Taj Mahal... I hope it doesn't disappoint!!

In the mean time, there is still work to be done at school.  Tomorrow is the Christmas concert for primary grades.  I hope everything goes well... it's going to be a tiring day since the kids start school at 8:20am and then need to stay until 8pm.  They are not going home on the buses because some of them have ridiculously long rides to other districts in HCMC, so there is no point to having them come back to school.  All the kids are staying after 3pm dismissal and we have to entertain them/feed them until the show begins (6:30pm) ... should be a loonnnggg day.  The concert should end before 8pm.

I'll leave you with a pic which pretty much sums up the Christmas season in Vietnam... do you like the tree??  :)

2 comments:

  1. Hope your concert went well. Sure sounds like a long,long day. Be very, very careful in India. Be more aware of the people and surroundings around you. Nice substitute for a Christmas tree!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you family. This sounds like a post written by mother!

    ReplyDelete