Sunday 16 December 2012

Coat shopping!

I bought a winter coat in Ho Chi Minh City yesterday... yes, a winter coat in a city where snow (or winter) has never existed.  Luckily, with our upcoming trip to Europe, the vendors around the market had what I needed, at the right price!

I got a long North Face coat filled with goose down feathers for 900,000 VND ($45).  The same coat on the North Face website is selling for $300 in Canada.  What a bargain!  Of course there is always the question of "is this product legit?" ... well, I don't know if it's real North Face or real goose down, but WHO CARES?!  At that price, I'm happy with my purchase!  I tried it on and it was really warm.  I was sweating instantly (however, it was also over 30 degrees outside)!

The guy who sold me the coat even rolled it up in a bag and packaged it up really small with the help of packing tape.  I can just throw it in my bag and crack it open in Prague.  No need to worry about a bulky coat taking up half my bag, or wearing a coat on the plane in the blistering heat of HCMC or Dubai.  Gotta love shopping in this country!

Here is my coat all wrapped up, ready for packing...


2 comments:

  1. That is a great deal!! So neatly packaged. Did John also find a coat?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I read this blog before,on my ipad, but the comment would not post, so I'm going to try again now that I'm on my desktop. Can't wait to see pics and hear anecdotes about this trip!!!!
    Zia Alba (in case it makes me sign in as anonymous)

    ReplyDelete