Sunday 9 December 2012

Wine + Painting Evening!

This week I attended a wine and painting evening in district 2, which is on the other side of the city.  After doing a wine tasting, we began to start the painting portion of the evening.  There was an artist there who showed us some techniques and was giving us pointers throughout the night.  We were painting winter scenes in the spirit of the holiday season.  We got a choose a painting to replicate, and then were given a canvas, paint, and more wine and set off to create some art!  I was happy with the way mine turned out.  I hadn't really painted since high school, so I wasn't sure what to expect.  It made me feel good that the artist said I had talent and that I should continue painting in the future!

Here are some photos from the evening:


The inspiration for our paintings

Do a base coat first, then paint over and scratch some colours through with the end of a brush


My painting!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the painting...we all know you have talent in that department!(Although I have never heard of combining the painting part with wine! :-))

    ReplyDelete