Saturday 9 August 2014

Where has the time gone?

Firstly I apologize for the lack of posts.  In the past 2 months a lot has happened... I finished my third year teaching in Vietnam, moved back to Canada, got married in Europe, and am now in PEI waiting for our move to Dubai.  Things have been busy to say the least, and this will definitely go down as the most eventful summer yet.

I'll backtrack to the end of the school year.  During this time there was a lot going on...

There was an emotional end of year staff party in late May, where my two awesome friends Jess and Alex wrote me a farewell speech, followed by some partying downtown.


My friends threw me a fun surprise bachelorette party which I had NO IDEA about!  I'm still so surprised how they pulled everything off!


My friend Sarah and I brought our netball team to the final city-wide tournament.  The kids (and us) went from knowing absolutely nothing about netball at the beginning of the year to actually winning some games!


I did my final set of report cards and helped organize the junior division "Water Fun Day" and end of year success assembly slideshow.

We got together with friends to have a mini wedding celebration in HCMC, with drinks at the top of Bitexco Tower and dinner downtown.

I said goodbye to my grade 5 students and friends/colleagues in Vietnam.


We packed up all our stuff, mailed a bunch of boxes to Dubai, crammed the rest in suitcases and moved back to Canada.

Back home, I attended the wedding of my friends Katie and Gary.


Then a few days later I packed my bags and hopped on a plane to Prague with my family for our wedding, which I'll write about in another post.  Things have definitely been busy... I think I need another vacation!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment