Friday 8 March 2013

"Happy woman day"

Today (March 8th) is International Women's Day.  While I had never heard of it until going to Vietnam, it is supposedly an international day celebrating women.  It's pretty big here!!!  I got flowers and cards at work, along with 200,000 VND (around $10 cash) from the Board of Directors.  Then, I went to dinner and all the ladies got 1 free drink of their choice.  After dinner, my friends and I went to the mall.  Our taxi driver told us, in broken English, "happy woman day."  At the mall, there were Women's Day sales everywhere.  We saw a movie and had a random Vietnamese man at the concession line let us go ahead of him "because it is Women's Day!"  Not bad... why don't we celebrate this in Canada?!


1 comment:

  1. True...this day set aside to honour women is fairly new since I never remember it being a big deal here...at least in my neck of the woods! How lovely that you are so honoured in Vietnam!

    ReplyDelete