Friday 11 May 2012

Bridge Club Champ!

Last night was the final night of "Bridge Club," and the founders (Gary and Julia) arranged a timed tournament at their home.  We played at 2 tables and switched up partners after playing several rounds of this complex card game, and in the end I was somehow victorious!!!

I wouldn't call myself a pro at Bridge (I usually feel like I have no idea what I'm doing), but I got lucky last night.  Gary actually had the most points but didn't want to give himself a prize, so I gladly accepted 1st prize... a gift certificate for a spa!  Will got 2nd place and Greg got 3rd.  John the card shark was stunned that he wasn't on the podium, ha ha ha!  :P

It was a really fun night!  We were lucky enough to be taught the basics of the game by the 3 experts Gary, Julia, and Bart, who have been playing Bridge for many years.

Sadly my camera battery was dead so I didn't get a photo of Bridge Club, but we're hoping to have another game at some point before the end of the year.  For now, I'm happy to hold the title of Bridge champ!  :)

2 comments:

  1. What do you mean "I was somehow victorious"...you are a SMART COOKIE....that is why you won!I certainly admire this victory since I only like to play Monopoly! :-))

    ReplyDelete