Tuesday 29 May 2012

Tokyo Deli

After going to Tokyo Deli nearly every week (including twice this past weekend!), I thought I'd write a little restaurant review.

"The Crescent" ... the area where Tokyo Deli is located
Tokyo Deli is a great place to go for a casual sushi lunch/dinner.  We like to go to the location at The Crescent, where you can eat outside and people watch.  I'm not a sushi expert, but it seems like this place has pretty good variety on the menu for the price.  My friends and I agree that any sushi roll on the menu that has the word "dynamite" in the title is definitely DYNAMITE!  I always get the Dynamite Shrimp roll (crazy, I've been ordering, eating, and actually ENJOYING it).  The roll comes out to 55,000 VND (or about $2.70 for 8 pieces).

Dynamite Shrimp

Dynamite Shrimp... ready to be eaten!

I also get the Inari Sushi every time.  I discovered this type of sushi, aka "Yubuchobap" (유부초밥) while I was in Korea.  Inari Sushi is the Japanese name, and it is basically a roll of rice and vegetables wrapped in fried tofu.  At Tokyo Deli, you get 2 pieces of Inari Sushi for 45,000 VND ($2.20).

Inari Sushi
So there you have it... Tokyo Deli!  Come visit and I'll take you here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...everything looks absolutely delicious!!! Will have to try it someday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ate a shrimp roll? lol

    ReplyDelete