Tuesday 12 June 2012

Smoothies... Start Today!!!

About every other day I pay a visit to a fruit shop in the apartment complex to buy some fruit or a smoothie.  The place is called "Start Today."  It's a great name... makes you want to be healthy and START TODAY, doesn't it?  Ha ha...

Anyway, if I feel hungry, I usually get a mango-avocado smoothie.  Sounds weird, but it's really good.  Some teachers from last year recommended it to me.  It's not your average smoothie... it's thicker and more rich.  It's almost like a meal replacement!  It tastes like mango but not as strong because the avocado makes it milder/creamier.  The great part about these smoothies (besides the taste) is the price.  Only 30,000 VND ($1.50!) ...

Mango-avocado smoothie
Start Today!





My other favourite smoothies here are:  mango-strawberry, mango-watermelon, and just plain mango!  Can you tell I like mango?  The fruit is also good here... this is where I purchased the mangosteen, passion fruit, dragon fruit, etc.  The fruit here is always so fresh!

3 comments:

  1. We will definitely try one of these when we visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Avocado smoothies are amazing! They're also delicious in chocolate pudding...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, eveandriz... when will that be??? :)

    ReplyDelete