Monday 15 April 2013

Book recommendation


A few weeks ago I just finished the amazing book "The Help" by Kathryn Stockett.  If you are looking for an interesting, entertaining read, I highly recommend this book.

"The Help" takes place in the southern USA during the 1960s.  It follows the stories about upper class white women and the black maids that serve them.  This book has also been made into a movie, but I haven't seen it yet.  "The Help" is funny, sad, and surprising all at the same time.  It is definitely a page-turner, and I was actually sad when it was finished because it was such a great book.  Now that I've finished this book, I'm looking for another one to read... any suggestions?

2 comments:

  1. Yes! An excellent book! Zia A has the DVD...you can see it when you get home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I'll have to borrow it from her!

    ReplyDelete